As I began my day, I am reminded that I have a lot to do. I have a handicap. The more I have to do the less I feel like doing! I want to step away from the laptop and land softly on my bed, then sleep until it all somehow either gets done or doesn’t matter anymore. For people who know my past this was lazy not sadness. Why is it so easy to allow ourselves to be distracted from us? It is vital to get back to you so that you focus on what’s important to you. Well I have Five Ways To Get Back To You!
1. Allow yourself a few moments of silence. I have found that when I am really mentally and emotionally messed up I can’t be still. I am running away from the thoughts in my head at record speed. A sign of good mental health is that you are able to sit in a room and do nothing. Cut the TV off and sit still, if you are not emotionally changed you might be all right.
2. Save for something you really want for you and buy it. One saving teaches you patience and having it brings you joy. I got a pair of shoes that I sit up on the counter because they make me smile.
3. Evaluate the people in your life. If they aren’t adding, subtract them! Period! If they have a stronghold on you start praying and canceling plans. You will be better at taking care of the people in your life if you use all of your energy to focus on loving and taking care of the people that reproduce your seeds of love in your life.
4. Learn how to Say No! Do you want to do it? If it is going to inconvenience you, are you okay with the inconvenience? These are vital questions to ask yourself and answer honestly. People are wired to want more than they give. So you have to decide what you want to give and what you need in return.
5. Live in the Truth. I am a fan of brutal honesty. My motto in life is that the truth hurts less than a lie in the long run. It takes bravery to be honest. You have to be willing to accept the unfortunate circumstances of truth and the negative emotions of being honest.
Now the above list is for people that are healthy, that love themselves and are capable of making wise decisions. Getting it Done still requires the discipline and activity against the other stuff!
Win at all Costs,